This style of play is the new NXL round robin format and uses the current NXL officiating rules. With an easy going turnaround time, this format is perfect for new tournament players.
We host only Division 5 teams in our 5-Man format.
Division 5, 5-Man teams are allowed one Division 4 player, but no Division 3 players.
Mostly, what you need to know is:
– This is a typical Round Robin format. Teams play 8 prelim games and then move straight to the playoff rounds. Best scores make the cut!
– All players and staff will need a valid form of state issued I.D. to check in. We are a PBLi approved league and do require PBLi ID cards for all players and staff that intend to enter the pits or playing field. ID cards will be printed at the field the day of the event. ***More information here***
– Players are allowed to shoot a maximum rate of fire of 10.5 bps and must use the NXL’s Millennium firing mode.
– This is a “No Coaching” format. We always welcome players and spectators alike to watch and cheer from the sidelines, but no person should assist a player on the field while a point is in play.
– The MVPS uses a flagless scoring system. To score a point, a player must press the score button on the opposing team’s start box. Pressing this button will stop the game time and earn your team a point given that the player pressing the button is ruled clear of hits by the referee.
– If there are any other questions that need to be answered ahead of time, please Contact Us or view our MVPS rule book here.