This style of play is the standard PSP 5 versus 5 RaceTo-2 format, but uses the current 2017 NXL officiating rules. Most of the modifications have to do with roster classifications, coaching, technology improvements, and a four minute game time.
We host Division 5 teams in our 5-Man format.
Division 5 teams are allowed two Division 4 players, but no Division 3 players.
Mostly, what you need to know is:
- – This is a RaceTo-2 format (best of three) with modified round robin scheduling. (Each team will play a minimum of four matches in prelims.)
- – All players and staff will need a valid form of state issued I.D. to check in. We are an APPA approved league and do require APPA ID cards for all players and staff that intend to enter the pits or playing field. ID cards will be printed at the field the day of the event. ***More information here***
- – Players are allowed to shoot a maximum rate of fire of 10.5 bps and must use the NXL’s Millennium firing mode.
- – This is a “No Coaching” format. We always welcome players and spectators alike to watch and cheer from the sidelines, but no person should assist a player on the field while a point is in play.
- – The MVPS has evolved into a format where flags are no longer needed. Instead, to score a point, a player must press the score button on the opposing team’s start box. Pressing this button will end the game time and earn your team a point given that the player pressing the button is ruled clear of hits by the referee.